Community Awareness Scam Alert
“Know the facts. Spread the word.”
- ICNA reveres Ayatollah Khomeini: After 9/11, ICNA’s PR campaign for the “Great Leaders of the last 100 Years” featured Ayatollah Khomeini, leader of the anti-American, violent Shi’ite revolution and totalitarian regime in Iran. The campaign stayed up at the website for years before ICNA scrubbed it, prior to mounting the current PR campaign promoting Shariah law in America.
- ICNA reveres Qutb and Mawdudi, the inspiration for al Qaeda: ICNA’s “Great Leaders of the last 100 Years” PR campaign also included the two great ideological leaders of modern jihadist terrorism: Sayyid Abul Ala Mawdudi and Sayyid Qutb, both primary influences on al Qaeda. 
- ICNA’s role models advocate jihad to achieve political goals: ICNA’s identifed “Great Movements of the Last 100 Years” included Al-Ikhwan Al-Muslimeen (Muslim Brotherhood), and Pakistani Islamist groups Jama’at-e-Islami and Tablighi Jama’at.
- ICNA’s Past President was also a leader of Hamas-funder KindHearts as recently as 2005: ICNA’s Past President Zulfizar Ali Shah was also President of the KindHearts “Charity” South Asia Division in 2005, whose assets were frozen in 2006 by the U.S. Treasury for funneling funds to Hamas. KindHearts is still legally contesting the U.S. Treasury’s previous designation as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist organization.  Hamas is a designated terrorist organization responsible for thousands of murders.
- ICNA’s Past Secretary General is under investigation for civilian executions: ICNA’s past Secretary General and Vice President Ashrafuz Zaman Khan, also a past President of the ICNA NY Chapter, is reportedly about to be indicted for war crimes by the Bangladesh International Crimes Tribunal for the systematic execution of civilians during the civil war. Bangladeshi groups claim Khan was a chief executioner for the al-Badr force, personally killing seven Dhaka University teachers in the city of Mirpur.
- ICNA has supported convicted cop-killer H. Rap Brown: A December 2001 ICNA South East region convention had a special program honoring convicted murderer Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin (aka H. Rap Brown) who is serving a life sentence for killing a sheriff’s deputy.
- ICNA featured Muslim Brotherhood extremist leader Sheik Al-Qaradawi (banned from entry into the U.S. since 1999) stating that democracy is permitted only when it complies with Shariah law: Writing in the ICNA magazine “The Message,” Qaradawi states “What we seek is that legislations and codes be within the limits of the flawless texts and the overall objectives of the Shari’ah and the Islamic Message.”
- ICNA promotes hatred of Jews and Christians: The curricula for ICNA’s women’s organization promotes jihad, shariah rule, hatred of Jews and Christians, and warns of the “dangers of secular Western thoughts and ideas.”
- ICNA, ICNA Relief and ICNA Helping Hand funded the Al-Khidmat Welfare Society and Al-Khidmat Foundation, which then gave Hamas – a designated terrorist organization – $99,000 in 2006.
You’ve Seen the Facts. Be Prepared. Don’t get Scammed by ICNA.
The Community Awareness Alert on ICNA is available for download as a 1-page flyer for distribution in your community here: http://shariahthethreat.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Center-for-Security-Policy-Community-Awareness-Alert-ICNA-April-2012-.pdf.