By Daniel Greenfield
Just when you thought that Chuck Hagel was as bad as it was going to get, wait until you meet John Brennan. America, meet your new CIA Director.
Brennan gave a speech to Islamic law students at New York University, where he was introduced by Ingrid Mattson, president of the Islamic Society of North America. Mattson, who had been involved with the Obama inaugural prayer service, had come under fire then for her organization’s longstanding terrorist support.
During his NYU speech, Brennan defended the administration’s highly unpopular move to try al-Qaeda operations chief Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in federal court (which the administration eventually backed away from). He claimed that terrorists are the real victims of “political, economic and social forces,” said that Islamic terrorists were not jihadists, referenced “Al-Quds” instead of Jerusalem, and described the 20 percent of former Guantanamo detainees returning to terrorist activities as “not that bad” when compared to ordinary criminal recidivism.
During a talk at the Nixon Center in May 2010, Brennan said that the administration was looking for ways to build up “moderate elements” of the Lebanese terrorist organization Hezbollah.
Two weeks later, at a speech at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), Brennan defended the Islamic doctrines of jihad as “a holy struggle” and “a legitimate tenet of Islam.”
And Brennan has had a great track record so far. A truly spectacular track record which makes him unambiguously qualified to replace Petraeus.
a known top U.S. Hamas official had been given a guided tour of the top-secret National Counterterrorism Center and FBI Academy at Quantico under Brennan’s watch, several former top intelligence and defense officials again called for his resignation.
Last month, it was revealed that Brennan was implicated in a serious intelligence breach detailing an ongoing counterterrorism operation led by British and Saudi intelligence agencies that had placed an operative deep inside the al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) organization. The White House leak forced the termination of the operation and the immediate withdrawal of the double agent, infuriating our foreign intelligence allies.
Just two weeks ago, internal White House documents obtained by Judicial Watch through a FOIA request revealed that Brennan and other White House officials had met twice with Hollywood filmmakers preparing a movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, providing them unparalleled access including the identity of a SEAL Team 6 operator and commander along with other classified information. Amazingly, these high-level White House meetings between Brennan and the Hollywood filmmakers took place just weeks after the Pentagon and CIA had publicly warned of the dangers posed by leaks surrounding the successful SEAL raid killing bin Laden.
And if you still have any more doubts, here’s John Brennan’s views on terrorism direct from that notorious right-wing fearmongering outlet, The Nation
Brennan had told me (before taking a job in the Obama administration, but while serving as Obama’s top adviser on intelligence issues) that talking to Hamas and Hezbollah is the right thing to do.
- Revisiting ‘Jihad’ John Brennan (pjmedia.com)
- Obamas ‘Hard-on-Israel, Soft-on-Terrorism’ trifecta is complete (barenakedislam)
- Obama’s CAIR-kowtowing, soft-on-jihad CIA Director nominee (michellemalkin.com)
- John Brennan’s extremism and dishonesty rewarded with CIA Director nomination | Glenn Greenwald (guardian.co.uk)
- The Wrong Man for the C.I.A. (counterjihadreport.com)
- Yemen Expert in NYT: John Brennan the Wrong Choice for the CIA (nationalreview.com)
- John Brennan’s Polysemous Jihad (counterjihadreport.com)
- Obama’s National Security Advisor (counterjihadreport.com)
- Meet John Brennan, Obama’s Assassination Czar (pjmedia.com)
- U.S. wants to build up Hezbollah moderates: adviser (reuters.com)
- Counterterror Adviser Defends Jihad as ‘Legitimate Tenet of Islam’ (foxnews.com)
- Passports probe focuses on worker (washingtontimes.com)
- Exclusive: Did White House “spin” tip a covert op? (reuters.com)
- WH counter-terrorism adviser Brennan storms out of TWT offices (washingtontimes.com)