Yesterday Sean Hannity interviewed on his radio show Jack Murphy and Brandon Webb for their new book Benghazi: The Definitive Report. I’ve clipped a portion of their interview below which describes something very different than what we’ve ever heard about what led to the attack on the ‘consulate’ and the deaths of Ambassador Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty and Tyrone S. Woods.
In short there were two operations going on in Benghazi, neither of which Stevens nor the CIA [Petraeus] were made aware, that made the situation on the ground in Benghazi far more dangerous than they even knew. We already know that Stevens was concerned about security, but he didn’t even know the full story.
One of the operations was direct raids against Al-Qaeda conducted by John Brennan, Deputy National Security Advisor, that instigated blowback in the form of the attack on our ‘consulate’ in Benghazi where Stevens visited that night. But because Stevens wasn’t made aware of these unilateral raids going on in his backyard, there was no way he could have even prepared himself for blowback. Stevens likely didn’t even know why he was being attacked the night he was killed.
Read more at The Right Scoop (with audio of the interview)
From Western Journalism:
- Did Senator accuse Barack Obama of Manslaughter in Benghazi? (shoebat.com)
- Adm. James Lyons (Ret.) on Growing Benghazi Scandal (familysecuritymatters.com)
- Brennan-led secret raids may have led to Benghazi retaliation, book claims (foxnews.com)
- Benghazi: The Definitive Report (counterjihadreport.com)
- On Benghazi, Not Very Definitive (pjmedia.com)