Plans to try Benghazi attackers in US courts blocks case, congressman says

download (38)By Catherine Herridge:

Plans by the administration to use U.S. criminal courts to prosecute those responsible for last year’s terror attack in Benghazi have thrown up yet another roadblock to investigating the case, the Republican chairman of the House Intelligence Committee told Fox News Friday.

“This whole plan has been, all along, to bring them to a criminal court in the United States. I’m not sure that’s in our national security best interest,” Congressman Mike Rogers of Michigan said in an exclusive interview. “I don’t know how anyone could come to the conclusion that it hasn’t slowed it down.”

“Certainly I’m frustrated, I think the committee’s frustrated, and by the way, I think the people who do this for a living are really frustrated,” Rogers said.

Based on intelligence reporting, the delay has allowed the Benghazi suspects to remain free and engaged within their terrorist organizations.

As for possibly targeting them with drone strikes, counter terrorism analysts say the administration’s prosecution strategy has effectively pushed that option aside.

“U.S. intelligence officials, and our war fighters in the Defense Department, are hamstrung by a law enforcement model,” said Thomas Joscelyn of the Center for Defense of Demcracies.

“There are a lot of guys who are known terrorists, who are known suspects in the Benghazi attack, who could be taken off the battlefield today.”

The military detention center at Guantanamo Bay is also off the table for holding and questioning the Benghazi suspects

“Our position on GTMO is certainly clear, that we are not sending anyone to GTMO, that in fact, we are working to reduce the population at GTMO, ultimately with the goal of closing it.” Marie Harf. State Department spokeswoman, said Friday.

Another problem is that while a criminal case requires physical evidence, by the time the FBI reached the consulate where four Americans died on Sep. 11, 2012, the crime scene was contaminated.

Read more at Fox News

 

 

3 thoughts on “Plans to try Benghazi attackers in US courts blocks case, congressman says

  1. Pingback: Obama plans to try Benghazi jihad attackers in US courts blocks case | News You Can Use

  2. Pingback: America: An Empire Of Evil | Pitts Report

  3. Pingback: OBAMA PLANS TO TRY BENGHAZI JIHAD ATTACKERS IN US… COURTS BLOCKS CASE (Geller, Atlas Shrugs) |

Comments are closed.