ACT! for America was founded by Brigitte Gabriel, a Lebanese immigrant who came to the United States after losing her country of birth to militant Muslim fundamentalists during the Lebanese Civil War.
ACT! for America is the only grassroots organization dedicated to national security and terrorism. We have over 875 chapters across the country and 279,000 members.
ACT! for America is a non-partisan, non-sectarian organization whose mission is to give Americans concerned about national security and terrorism a powerful, organized, informed and mobilized voice.
ACT! for America stands ready to take action as the only national security grassroots organization in America.
Our recent successes include:
- American Laws for American Courts (ALAC) legislation passed in Tennessee, Arizona, Kansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, North Carolina, South Dakota and Washington State. This legislation protects the Constitution as the highest authority in our courts against any foreign law.
- Passage of Anti-Female Genital Mutilation laws in Kansas which outlaws the Sharia practice of Female Genital Mutilation (circumcision).
- Free Speech Defense Act passed in South Dakota protecting authors and publishers from intimidation lawsuits filed in foreign countries.
- Over 875 chapters across the country and 279,000 members strong!
- See our Victory Timeline here for a list of our victories over the past few years.
The mission of ACT! for America is to build a network of chapters made up of informed citizens to speak out for public policies that protect our national security and hold elected officials accountable for those policy decisions while partnering with like-minded organizations to magnify our voice.
- A citizen action network that aggressively promotes and implements educational programs that teach and enable citizen participation in the defense of America on the community, city, state, and national level.
- A citizen action network that is vigilant and quick to respond to anti-American and anti-Israel media bias and “politically correct” apologists in the media, academia and politics.
- A citizen action network that holds our elected officials accountable for defending and protecting the United States and its only democratic ally in the Middle East, the State of Israel.
- A citizen action network that promotes public policies and legislation that defend America and democratic values against those who wish to topple them.
- A citizen action network that will partner with like-minded organizations to coordinate effective public relations campaigns to speak out against media bias and religious bigotry wherever it exists.
Engage is ACT! for America’s new and improved grassroots advocacy platform.
Through Engage, ACT! for America members can:
• receive time-sensitive action alerts on important national security-related legislation
• become informed about critical national security-related public policy issues
• easily access information about their individual legislators
• easily and effectively make their voice heard on Capitol Hill and in their state legislatures.