As of 8/22/2012 there are 240,000 members and 706 chapters!
Use the local chapter finder to join and volunteer in a chapter near you or start one youself, sign up for the email updates to stay informed and use the many resources available on the website.
From ACT! for America:
Brigitte Gabriel is one of the leading terrorism experts in the world providing information and analysis on the rise of global Islamic terrorism. As Lebanese immigrant, she came to the United States after losing her country of birth to militant Muslim fundamentalists during the Lebanese Civil War. She lectures nationally and internationally about terrorism and current affairs. Her expertise is sought after by world and business leaders. She has addressed the Australian Prime Minister, members of The British Parliament/House of Commons, members of the United States Congress, The Pentagon, The Joint Forces Staff College, The US Special Operations Command, The US Asymmetric Warfare group, the FBI, and many others. In addition, Gabriel is a regular guest analyst on Fox News Channel, CNN, MSNBC, and various radio stations daily across America. She serves on the board of advisors of the Intelligence Summit.
Ms. Gabriel was Keynote speaker for Homeland Security Certification annual conference in 2009 in Las Vegas.
Ms. Gabriel is founder, president and CEO of ACT! for America, the largest grassroots citizen action network dedicated to preserving national security and combating Islamic supremacy. She’s the author of two New York Times Best Sellers, BECAUSE THEY HATE: A Survivor of Islamic Terror Warns America. And THEY MUST BE STOPPED: Why we must defeat radical Islam and how we can do it. Ms. Gabriel is named one of the top 50 most prominent speakers in America. She speaks Arabic, French, English and Hebrew.
ACT! for America is a non-partisan, non-sectarian organization whose mission is to give Americans concerned about national security, terrorism, and the threat of radical Islam, a powerful, organized, informed and mobilized voice.
Whether the specific threat is violent jihad, stealth jihad, the advance of sharia law, the influence of the Muslim Brotherhood, or the scourge of political correctness which is enabling the rise of radical Islam, ACT! for America stands ready to take action as the largest national security grassroots organization in America.
Through informed community action, education, public policy initiatives and grassroots lobbying, ACT! for America is successfully combating the threat of radical Islam.
Our recent successes include:
• Winning the passage of “American Laws for American Courts” in Tennessee and Arizona. This law prohibits state courts from applying foreign law, and by implication sharia law, in certain areas of law, such as family law.
• Leading a community effort that stopped the transfer of Guantanamo Bay detainees to Standish, Michigan.
• Securing the inclusion of a plank in the Texas Republican Party that calls on the Texas state legislature and U.S. Congress to pass legislation prohibiting the application of law, including sharia law, that is not in accordance with the Constitution.
• Helped win voter passage of an anti-sharia constitutional amendment in Oklahoma in 2010. The amendment passed with over 70% support and has been challenged in court by the Oklahoma affiliate of CAIR, the Council on American-Islamic Relations.
• When a community college in Washington state announced it would sponsor a seminar featuring a representative of CAIR, ACT! for America, using its Facebook page, called on its “fans” to post their objections and demands that the college offer an opposing point of view. The college, in response to what it called the largest grassroots outpouring ever, scheduled a speaker with an opposing point of view and distanced itself from CAIR.
• Three ACT! for America chapter leaders, after spotting suspicious online activity by a Penn State student, reported him to the FBI. The student was subsequently arrested.
• Winning passage of legislation in Tennessee that improves the state’s ability to combat terrorism.
• Create a nationwide network of chapters in order to more effectively inform, educate and mobilize Americans regarding the multiple threats of radical Islam, and what they can and must do to protect themselves and their country against this determined enemy.
• Through direct lobbying and grassroots action, speak out for public policies that protect our national security and our way of life.
• Arm activists with the information to get involved and take effective action.
• Hold our elected representatives accountable by educating voters as to how their representatives vote on issues of importance in the fight against radical Islam.
• Develop coalitions with like-minded organizations to magnify our voice and increase our effectiveness.
• Fearlessly speak out in defense of America, Israel and Western civilization.
• A citizen action network that aggressively promotes and implements educational programs that teach and enable citizen participation in the defense of America on the community, city, state, and national level.
• A citizen action network that is vigilant and quick to respond to anti-American and anti-Israel media bias and “politically correct” apologists for radical Islam in the media, academia and politics.
• A citizen action network that holds our elected officials accountable for defending and protecting the United States and its only democratic ally in the Middle East, the State of Israel.
• A citizen action network that promotes public policies and legislation that defend America and democratic values against the terror and tyranny of radical Islam.
• A citizen action network that will partner with like-minded organizations to coordinate effective public relations campaigns to speak against media bias and religious bigotry wherever it exists.