Click here to send email to show your support to donor corporations.
Florida Family Association:
The Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) issued the following news release which announced they are demanding that several corporations stop financially supporting the Center for Security Policy.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CAIR Asks Defense Contractors to Drop Funding for Islamophobe Frank Gaffney
(WASHINGTON, D.C., 10/1/14) The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, today called on defense contractors Boeing, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, and General Electric to stop funding an organization headed by notorious Islamophobe Frank Gaffney.
In an expose published today by Salon, Eli Clifton wrote:
“Frank Gaffney has emerged as one of the DC-beltway’s most outspoken critics of American Muslims, purveying conspiracy theories about the infiltration of the Muslim Brotherhood into the highest levels of the U.S. government and birther accusations about Barack Obama’s eligibility to serve as president. But even while drawing criticism from civil rights organizations, Gaffney. . .has continued to find sources of funding for his organization, the Center for Security Policy, managing a budget of over $3.5 million in 2013.”
A copy of the Center for Security Policy’s donor roll obtained by Salon lists six of America’s largest aerospace and defense contractors as supporters of Gaffney’s organization.
According to Salon:
“The document, which details contributions to the Center for Security Policy during the 2013 tax year, includes donations from: Boeing ($25,000); General Dynamics ($15,000); Lockheed Martin ($15,000); Northrop Grumman ($5,000); Raytheon ($20,000); and General Electric ($5,000).”
SEE: Look Who’s Backing Islamophobe Frank Gaffney (Salon)
“It is troubling that our nation’s top defense contractors would endorse an anti-Muslim hate group by offering it financial support,” saidCAIR Department to Monitor and Combat Islamophobia Director Corey Saylor.
Saylor notes that Gaffney is a key promoter of the bizarre conspiracy theory that Muslims in public service are infiltrating the government on behalf of the Muslim Brotherhood.
Gaffney has questioned “whether Mr. Obama is a natural born citizen of the United States,” claimed the Missile Defense Agency logo is part of a “worrying pattern of official U.S. submission to Islam,” claimed an aide to Hillary Clinton was a secret Muslim Brotherhood operative, and was a key witness for the plaintiffs in a controversial lawsuit seeking to block construction of a Tennessee mosque. He has also promoted the false belief that President Obama is a Muslim.
SEE: Southern Poverty Law Center’s Profile on Frank Gaffney
His staff attorney, David Yerushalmi, has advocated outlawing the practice of Islam in America and is the key promoter of anti-Islam bills in state legislatures nationwide.
CAIR details Gaffney’s and the Center for Security Policy’s role in America’s Islamophobia network in its report, “Legislating Fear: Islamophobia and its Impact in the United States.”
SEE: Legislating Fear: Islamophobia and its Impact in the United States
In letters to the named corporations, CAIR outlined Gaffney’s long history of Islamophobia and wrote in part:
“We believe this letter provides more than ample evidence that the Center for Security policy is a problematic choice for any corporation that seeks to avoid involvement in anti-Islam bias.”
Here’s some facts about what CAIR has already done to dumb down law enforcement and the public’s knowledge of Islamic terrorism and CAIR’s Jihadist history:
- CAIR pressured the FBI in February 2012 to remove 876 pages and 392 presentations from their education resources that were offensive to Islamists. NPR reported: The FBI has completed a review of offensive training material and has purged 876 pages and 392 presentations, according to a briefing provided to lawmakers.
- CAIR pressured the FBI in June 2013 to stop their Most Wanted advertising campaign which helped the FBI gain information regarding the whereabouts of dangerous terrorists.
- CAIR pressured Illinois Governor Pat Quinn to ban anti-terrorism training expert Sam Kharoba from instructing law enforcement officers throughout the state.
- CAIR demanded that the Florida Department of Law enforcement (FDLE) ban anti-terrorism training expert Sam Kharoba from instructing law enforcement officers in the state. Although the FDLE declined to adopt the policy requested by CAIR no law enforcement agency in Florida has contracted Sam Kharoba’s anti-terrorism training services following CAIR’s demands.
- CAIR pressured Lane Community College to fire a professor for attempting to teach the truth about Islam in a course titled What is Islam.
- CAIR pressured Brandeis University to cancel speaking engagement and human rights award planned for Ayaan Hirsi Ali because of her criticism of Islamists.
- CAIR pressured several networks to censor numerous programs including “Alice in Arabia,” “Executive Decision,” “24,” “The Siege,” “True Lies,” “Rules of Engagement,” “Obsession,” “The Third Jihad,” “Jihad in America,” “Tyrant,” and “The Sum of All Fears.”
- Ghassan Elashi, founder of CAIR’s Texas chapter, in 2009 received a 65-year prison sentence for funneling over $12 million from the Islamic charity known as the Holy Land Foundation to the jihad terrorist group Hamas, which is responsible for murdering hundreds of Israeli civilians.
- Mousa Abu Marzook, a former CAIR official, was in 1995 designated by the U.S. government in 1995 as a “terrorist and Hamas leader.” He now is a Hamas leader in Syria.
- Randall Royer, CAIR’s former civil rights coordinator, in 2004 began serving a 20-year prison sentence for aiding al-Qaida and the Taliban against American troops in Afghanistan and recruiting for Lashkar e-Taiba, the jihadist group responsible for the 2008 Mumbai jihad massacres.
- Bassem Khafagi, CAIR’s former community relations director, was arrested for involvement with the Islamic Assembly of North America, which was linked to al-Qaida. After pleading guilty to visa and bank fraud charges, Khafagi was deported.
- Rabih Haddad, a former CAIR fundraiser, was deported for his work with the Global Relief Foundation (which he co-founded), a terror-financing organization.
- CAIR is an unindicted co-conspirator in a Hamas terror funding case–so named by the Justice Department during the HLF trial.
CAIR’s agenda to dumb down law enforcement and the public can only weaken the national security of the United States of America. The one asset that America needs most for national security is adequately trained law enforcement in the area of Islamic terrorism given ISIS’s heightened threat to the homeland. Yet, the Council on American Islamic Relations is pressuring every law enforcement agency they can to dumb down their knowledge on Islamic terrorism.
Florida Family Association has prepared an email for you to send to thank the officials at Boeing, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, and General Electric for supporting the Center for Security Policy.
To send your email, please click the following link, enter your name and email address then click the “Send Your Message” button. You may also change the subject or message text if you wish.
Please click here to send your email to Boeing, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, and General Electric officials.
For contact information please click here.
Twitter and Facebook. The following Heading Description in bold blue and Floridafamily.org Article Link have been prepared for you to share the article shown below with your Twitter and/or Facebook friends. Simply copy the bold blue heading and associated article link and paste on your Twitter and Facebook page. Please feel free to edit the heading.
Please thank Boeing, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, and General Electric for supporting anti-terrorism efforts! http://floridafamily.org/full_article.php?article_no=393
Personal posts are more likely to be responded to by friends and acquaintances than posts from Florida Family Association.
The Boeing Company
W. James (Jim) McNerney, Jr., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Christopher M. Chadwick Executive Vice President, The Boeing Company
President and Chief Executive Officer, Boeing Defense, Space & Security
Thomas J. Downey, Senior Vice President, Communications
Phebe N. Novakovic
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Robert W. Helm
Senior Vice President – Planning and Development
Lucy Ryan, Media
Marillyn Hewson, CEO
Gordon Johndroe, Media
Wes Bush, CEO
Darryl M. Fraser
Corporate Vice President, Communications
Thomas A. Kennedy, Chairman, CEO
Jeffrey Immelt@ge, Chairman and CEO
Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer, GE