In March 2011, Reuters announced a secret order signed by Barack Obama to provide covert support for Libyan rebel forces. The operation became known as Zero Footprint, but after Obama finished with it, Big Foot was identified. For about 18 months before the attacks on our Benghazi Special Mission, intelligence had successfully identified terrorist factions inside the rebel factions. Those terrorists included the Muslim Brotherhood as well as al-Qaeda. Nevertheless, Senator John McCain said the rebels were his heroes. Qadhafi made a fatal mistake, literally, by working toward once currency for Africa, which threatened the West. The idea of a gold dinar sealed his death by the West, if these informants are correct. Chris Stevens is named liasion to Libyan rebels, and a year or so later he was named U.S. Ambassador to Libya — in truth, he was in the international arms transfer business.
I like bulleted lists, if you haven’t already noticed. The above is a short summary, the bulleted list is shorter than the transcript below the list. The transcript is from The Blaze TV special, For The Record – Operation Zero Footprint. The full transcript begins after the graphic. Many thanks to The Conservative Lady, where you can see her highlights and the video.
• 2008 The U.S. is working with Libya with the goal of thwarting al-Qaeda.
• 2009 Wiki-Leaks reveals that Muammar Qadhafi wants to unify Africa: one currency, one passport one common army. Qadhafi wants the currency to be a gold dinar.
• Qadhafi begins demanding the EU pay for Libyan oil in gold.
• Boom! Qadhafi’s life is close to over, this is a threat to the EU and to the U.S.
• On February 10th, 2011, all is calm in Libya
• By February 17th, 2011, all hell is breaking loose and anti-Qadhafi activists participate in a “Day of Rage.”
• The State Department begins looking for a country who will take Muammar Qadhafi into exile. None is found.
• By the end of February 2011, a female FBI and CIA informant is asked to determine and identify if there are terrorists among the rebels. She and others find that the Muslim Brotherhood, al-Qaeda, Hizbollah, Islamic Maghreb and other al-Qaeda networks are working with rebels.
• The U.S. intelligence community was completely caught with their collective pants downunawares.
• March 10, 2011, Hillary Clinton testified before Congress saying the U.S. is endorsing U.S. support for Libyan rebels.
• Al Jazeera ‘maked-up’ stories of a humanitarian crisis in Libya.
• Those working in intelligence know there is no humanitarian crisis in Libya.
• March 14, 2011 Chris Stevens is named Diplomatic Liasion to Libya
• March 19, 2011 Obama announces U.S. armed forces will begin “limited military action in Libya.”
• March 19, 2011 Hillary announced “We have every reason to fear that left unchecked, Qadhafi will commit unspeakable atrocities.”
• March 19, 2011 began of a 3-day of ceasefire, included a 72-hour truce to negotiate a truce, monitored by African Union.
• Clinton names diplomat Chris Stevens liaison to the Libyan opposition.
• March 23, 2011, NATO assumed control of Libyan operations with the U.N. Security Council resolution.
• March 24, 2011 intelligence factions manage to get a report detailing terrorist activities inside the rebels directly to Obama’s desk.
• By March 27,2011 AFRICOM Commander General Carter Ham’s control was transferred to the NATO commander Navy Admiral James Stavridas. Ham maintained control of AFRICOM.
• Moving toward a cease-fire when word comes that the DoD and White House have cancelled any discussion of a truce.
• The intelligence community is in a state of shock, that it appears the U.S. is reading to usurp a sovereign nation.
• All throughout, Senator John McCain is calling the rebels “heroes.”
• March 30, 2011, Reuters reported (linked below) that President Obama has already signed a secret order authorizing the CIA to provide covert support to the Libyan opposition, an operation that would become known as Zero Footprint.
• The U.S. covertly moves weapons to the rebels by going through the U.A.E. and Qatar for arms and logistics, in the hope of the U.S. not being connected to the operation.
• October 20, 2011 Qadhafi dies.
• June 7, 2012 Chris Stevens is appointed U.S. Ambassador to Libya.
• July 9, 2012 Stevens filed a request with the State Department for at least 13 additional security agents. His request went unanswered.
• August 16, 2012 Stevens cables State of deteriorating conditions, of 10 Islamist militias and al-Qaeda training camps. State Department refuses additional security. He was forced to keep the spurious British Blue Mountain Group (after receiving a “warning” from the Tripoli Embassy) which was not a State Department sanctioned security detail, and the February 17th Martyr’s Brigade which took part in the attacks against the compound.
• According to federal law, in the event a covert operation is deemed necessary, it is the president’s responsibility to alert the leadership in the House and Senate, as well as the chairman and ranking members of the Intelligence Committees in both chambers – eight people known as The Gang of 8: Boehner, Pelosi, Rogers, Ruppersberger, Reid, McConnell, Chambliss, Feinstein. Is this why there has been no House Select Committee?
• September 11, 2012 The attacks happen. Four Americans Died.
• September 11, 2012 U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice received an email containing a tweet from a CNN journalist on the ground in Benghazi who says Ansar al-Sharia is at the compound.
• It’s less than two months to Obama’s next election and subsequent coronation.
• August 7, 2013 Ahmed Abu Khattalah, leader of a sub-group of Ansar al-Sharia leader, is charged in the deaths of Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty. As far as we know, Khattalah is still free in Libya. Khattalah is the only person implicated in the attacks and deaths.
• May 3, 2014 Families of the dead and injured have no explanations, no justice.
The transcript begins at 33 secs-into video. There are a few snippets from the video before Laurie Dhue begins the program (after the graphic).
Go to Maggie’s Notebook for the rest