Dr. Joel C. Hunter
Florida Family Association:
Dr. Joel C. Hunter, senior pastor of 15,000 evangelical Christians at Northland Church, partners with Atif Fareed, Former CAIR Florida Chair to oppose anti-Sharia bill in Florida Legislature.
Perhaps you can educate Dr. Hunter with facts regarding Islam, Jihad, Islamists, CAIR, Sharia and Taqiyya.
Dr. Joel C. Hunter, senior pastor of the Northland Church in Longwood, Florida, asked Atif Fareed, former Chairman of CAIR Florida, to read Hunter’s statement opposing SB 58 Application of Foreign Laws in Certain Cases to the Florida Senate Committee on Governmental Oversight and Accountability on March 21, 2013.
Atif Fareed told the committee:
But I want to read something very important to you today. I am a Muslim, but a senior pastor of an evangelical church, the Northland Church, Dr. Joel C. Hunter, he sent me an email yesterday afternoon and he wanted me to read this to you. And this is how his letter goes exactly word by word:
“To my state senators: As a pastor of one of the largest churches in Florida I believe Senate Bill 58 will do more harm than good if enacted. Its effect will be to increase bias rather than protection. It seems to me to be a cure without a disease. Existing law and judicial precedent have proved sufficient to deal with any concerns addressed by this proposed law. Having confidence in both our constitution and the character of our judicial process I agree with the America Bar Association, the Anti-Defamation League and the American Civil Liberties Union that this law and House Bill 351 will be detrimental rather than the good intended. As a conservative evangelical Christian it is unusual for me to side with the ACLU but I think objecting to unnecessary law is a conservative principle as well as a libertarian one. In deed not making laws unless they are absolutely necessary is at the core of our character as a country. Thank you for considering my views. Dr. Joel C. Hunter, Senior Pastor Northland Church distributed.
To see the video recording of Atif Fareed’s presentation to the Senate Committee click here and advance the video to the 68 minute mark.
“I could not wait until the committee meeting was over to inquire if Joel Hunter actually authorized or requested Atif Fareed to present this statement to Florida Senators.” Notes David Caton, Florida Family Association President. “I sent the below email to Joel Hunter to which he affirmed Yes in less than five minutes. He must be really proud to align with the Council on American Islamic Relations.”
From: “david caton”
To: “joel hunter” <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:26:05 AM
Subject: Statement presented to Florida Senate
A gentleman just presented a statement allegedly authored by Dr. Joel Hunter condemning SB 58 Application of Foreign Law in Certain Cases. Did Dr. Joel Hunter write and authorize this statement?
From: “Joel Hunter” <email@example.com>
To: “david caton”
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:30:10 AM
Subject: Re: Statement presented to Florida Senate
Sent from my iPhone
Hunter claims he is a “conservative evangelical Christian…” yet:
- The Northland Church web site gives this bio of Hunter: “Dr. Hunter served in the inaugural year on the President’s Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships, which advised President Barack Obama on substantive policy issues, …. He continues as a spiritual advisor to the President.”
- Dr. Joel Hunter prayed during the 2008 Democratic National Convention where Barack Hussein Obama was nominated to run for president. Click here to see his prayer on Youtube.com
Here is some background on Atif Fareed, the spokesman who Dr. Hunter selected to give a speech in support of the Council on American Islamic Relations political agenda:
- Chairman of the American Muslim Community Centers, Inc.
- Former Chairman of CAIR Florida, Inc.
- Fareed participated in a rally to defend the Palestinian Islamic Jihad leader Sami Al-Arian, on the opening day of Al-Arian’s trial in Tampa. (Islam Online, ‘Arian Trial Case of Freedom of Speech: Lawyer,’ June 7, 2005)
- Prior to getting involved with CAIR, Fareed was a representative for the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC), an Islamist political lobby group that has, in the past, defended Hezbollah and has called for Israel’s destruction. (Zionist Organization of America, ‘ZOA: White House Was Wrong To Send Representative To Convention Of ProTerrorist, Anti-American Group,’ December 23, 2003)
- “Ariel Sharon is a warmonger and only the United States can stop him.” (statement by Atif Fareed, International Herald Tribune, ‘U.S. support for Israel,’ LETTERS TO THE EDITOR, April 24, 2002)
- Fareed, a pilot for Southwest Airlines, has admitted to being questioned by the FBI for nearly three hours, asked if any Arabs approached him for flying lessons and if he would submit to a lie detector test. (Los Angeles Times, Muslims: Private Moments in the Public Eye,’ August 12, 2004
- “On September 10, I was a good guy. I became a bad guy on September 11.” (Los Angeles Times, ‘Vegas Muslims: Faith and Vice Under a Neon Sky,’ August 12, 2004)
- “It took skill to fly sophisticated planes nearly 500 mph into the World Trade Center towers and the Pentagon.” (stated by Atif Fareed, Las Vegas Weekly, ‘The reality-propaganda gap: Mainstream media slammed for whitewashed news,’ November 1, 2001)
The scriptures proclaim “The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob…” Exodus 3:15 God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers–the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob–has sent me to you.’ “This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation. Matthew 22:31-32 have you not read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’ He is not the God of the dead but of the living.” Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. The scriptures do not proclaim “the God of Abraham, the God of Ishmael, the God of Muhammad.” God help Americans to learn the truth.
Sadly, Dr. Joel C. Hunter is helping the Hamas linked, Jihadi apologist, Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) to stop laws from being enacted that would prohibit courts from accepting Sharia law.
If you have educational information that you would like to share with Dr. Joel C. Hunter regarding Islam, Jihad, Islamists, CAIR, Sharia and Taqiyya; Dr. Hunter’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org