Click here to send your email to hotel officials.
The national Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) is holding their annual banquet on September 27, 2014 at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, Virginia.
Florida Family Association’s online campaigns have influenced several hoteliers.
- Lodging Hospitality Management (LHM) cancelled the CAIR St. Louis conference scheduled for July 23, 2014. LHM operates 18 hotels.
- Ashford Hospitality Trust’s 113 hotels have not catered to Islamist extremists since the May 2012 Islamic Society of North America’s pro-Sharia law conference in Tampa.
- Quorum Group’s Hilton Phoenix/Mesa Hilton hosted a CAIR event on November 9, 2013 with a speaker who wrote CAIR’s Islamophobia report. Quorum’s seven hotels have not been witnessed to host other CAIR events since November 2013.
- Starwood Hotels and Resorts’ Sheraton Tampa East hosted an Islamic Society of North America conference in Tampa on June 29th “to counteract different forms of extremism.”
- Tishman Hotel Corporation’s Sheraton Downtown Chicago hosted the Islamist, anti-Semitic, Hamas-linked Muslim American Society (MAS) and the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) conference called “Toward a Renaissance.”
Not so with Marriott who continues to cater to organizations linked to the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas.
Here’s why many American’s are concerned about CAIR’s history and agenda:
- CAIR chapters demonstrated in the streets across America to show their support for Hamas even declaring that “We are Hamas.”
- Omar Ahmad, Chairman and founder of the Council on American Islamic Relations, told a Muslim crowd Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faiths, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth. At the Islamic Association of Palestine’s third annual convention in Chicago in November 1999, Omar Ahmad gave a speech at a youth session praising suicide bombers who kill themselves for Islam. Fighting for freedom, fighting for Islam — that is not suicide. They kill themselves for Islam, he said.
- Nihad Awad, CAIR Executive Director, said I am in support of the Hamas movement.
- Mustafa Carroll, executive director of the Dallas-Fort Worth CAIR branch, told a crowd at a Muslim rally in Austin, Texas in 2013 If we are practicing Muslims, we are above the law of the land.
- CAIR pressured the FBI in June 2013 to stop their Most Wanted advertising campaign which helped the FBI gain information regarding the whereabouts of dangerous terrorists. The list of CAIR officials who have made apologetic comments in the public regarding terrorists is quite extensive.
- The Council on American Islamic Relations is vigorously fighting bills in twenty state legislatures that would prohibit courts from considering provisions of foreign laws including Sharia if they are inconsistent with the United States and state constitutions. Sharia law is antithetical to the rights and liberties afforded under the United States Constitution.
- Ghassan Elashi, founder of CAIR’s Texas chapter, in 2009 received a 65-year prison sentence for funneling over $12 million from the Islamic charity known as the Holy Land Foundation to the jihad terrorist group Hamas, which is responsible for murdering hundreds of Israeli civilians.
- Mousa Abu Marzook, a former CAIR official, was in 1995 designated by the U.S. government in 1995 as a “terrorist and Hamas leader.” He now is a Hamas leader in Syria.
- Randall Royer, CAIR’s former civil rights coordinator, in 2004 began serving a 20-year prison sentence for aiding al-Qaida and the Taliban against American troops in Afghanistan and recruiting for Lashkar e-Taiba, the jihadist group responsible for the 2008 Mumbai jihad massacres.
- Bassem Khafagi, CAIR’s former community relations director, was arrested for involvement with the Islamic Assembly of North America, which was linked to al-Qaida. After pleading guilty to visa and bank fraud charges, Khafagi was deported.
- Rabih Haddad, a former CAIR fundraiser, was deported for his work with the Global Relief Foundation (which he co-founded), a terror-financing organization.
- CAIR is an unindicted co-conspirator in a Hamas terror funding case–so named by the Justice Department during the HLF trial.
Americans who are concerned about CAIR’s history and agenda have the First Amendment Right to complain about this event and choose hoteliers who do not give place to the same.
Florida Family Association has prepared an email for you to send to Marriott’s officers and directors. Your email will not only voice concern about this important issue but it will also educate corporate officials with facts regarding CAIR’s history.
To send your email, please click the following link, enter your name and email address then click the “Send Your Message” button. You may also change the subject or message text if you wish.
Please click here to send your email to Marriott officials.