In 1991, the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood directed its components to “possess a mastery of the art of ‘coalitions’” in order to wage “a kind of grand jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within.” Seemingly in fulfillment of that directive, eight Muslim groups (seven with solid Islamist records) will announce a coalition on March 12 to increase their political influence.
The new coalition will be announced at the National Press Club. Its name is the U.S. Council of Muslim Organizations (USCMO) and one of its objectives is to develop a census that will “create a database that will be used to enhance political participation in upcoming elections.” This coalition undoubtedly will use these census results to make political candidates bend to their will.
The Secretary-General of USCMO is Oussama Jamal. Press reports have alternatively titled him as the President and Vice President of the Mosque Foundation that has extensive links to the Brotherhood and Hamas. Jamal accuses the U.S. government of following the “Zionist agenda” in its counter-terrorism investigations and has questioned whether Arabs were actually involved in the 9/11 attacks.
The coalition consists of eight Muslim organizations. The only one without an extensive Islamist record is the Mosque Cares, part of the Ministry of Imam W. Deen Mohammed:
- The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is labeled by the U.S. Justice Department as a U.S. Muslim Brotherhood entity (specifically part of its Hamas support structure) and an unindicted co-conspirator in the largest terrorism-financing trial in U.S. history. The FBI has officially stopped using CAIR as an outreach partner and federal prosecutors have definitively said in court that CAIR uses deception to disguise its involvement with terrorists.
- The Muslim Alliance in North America is led by a virulently radical cleric named Imam Siraj Wahhaj. The NYPD watches his mosque because of evidence linking it to terrorism and his anti-American record is indisputable. He remains committed to implementing Sharia in America but tells Muslims that it’s better not to talk about it to non-Muslims.
- American Muslims for Palestine is a group that holds conferences with an all-star line-up of Islamists that support the Brotherhood and Hamas. Its leaders have spewed anti-American rhetoric, spoken in support of violence and preached that Muslims should launch an intifada in the U.S. modeled after uprisings by Palestinians and Iraqis.
- The Muslim American Society was “founded as the overt arm of the Muslim Brotherhood in America” according to federal prosecutors. Some of its chapters held protests in response to the overthrow of the Brotherhood in Egypt.
- The Islamic Circle of North America is listed in Muslim Brotherhood documents as one of “our organizations and the organizations of our friends.” Its national conferences are filled with Islamist speakers and are held jointly with MAS. It is a derivative of the Pakistani Islamist group Jamaat e-Islami and one of its leaders is wanted in Bangladesh for war crimes.
- The Muslim Legal Fund of America has strong links to the Muslim Brotherhood, with one of its founders joining the Islamist opposition in Syria. The organization raised money for the defense of terrorists convicted in the trial of the Holy Land Foundation. That charity is another Brotherhood entity that was shut down for financing Hamas.
- The Muslim Ummah of North America is mentioned in U.S. Muslim Brotherhood documents as one of its components. An internal plan for 1991-1992 tasks its Youth Department/Committee with “arranging the youth’s relationship with ‘MUNA’ [Muslim Ummah of North America]” and “supervising the administrations” of MUNA.
The formation of this coalition is an example of the Brotherhood’s own words being followed. As mentioned, its 1991 strategy document told its various fronts to “possess a mastery of the art of ‘coalitions.’”
Read more at Clarion Project