Historically and juridically, Islam sanctions FGM for Muslim females and rape and sexual slavery of non-Muslim females. Westerners determinedly avoid the topic altogether.
By Clare Lopez:
The first time that many Americans and others in the West became aware of the extent of the mistreatment of women in Muslim-majority countries was on February 11, 2011, the night that Hosni Mubarak’s government fell in Cairo and CBS News correspondent, Lara Logan, was brutally sexually assaulted in Tahrir Square.
Yet, those already familiar with the Egyptian street know that the brazen sexual harassment of women has been a feature of public life there for a long time. After all, this is an overwhelmingly Muslim country where statistics show more than 90 per cent of women undergo genital mutilation (Female Genital Mutilation-FGM), whose fundamental purpose is to destroy female sexuality—not only so that men may more easily control their own women but in an attempt to remove ostensible “provocation” from men who are raised from infancy in an environment of permissiveness to believe they are superior to women.
And while Western feminist groups determinedly avoid the topic altogether, international organizations charged with studying the treatment of women around the world typically take pains to avoid any insinuation that either FGM or rape of women and girls has anything to do with Islam. Unfortunately, both do. Doctrinally, historically and juridically, Islam sanctions FGM for Muslim females and the rape and sexual slavery of non-Muslim females.
Read more at The Clarion Project
- Female Genital Mutilation on Rise in U.S. (counterjihadreport.com)
- Devout Muslims In Indonesia Push for Female Genital Mutilation (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Imam: Clitoridectomy (Female Genital Mutilation) is an Islamic right (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- The ‘Epidemic’ of Sexual Harassment – and Rape – in Morsi’s Egypt (counterjihadreport.com)
- Muslim Brotherhood: UN Document on Violence Against Women ‘Un-Islamic” (counterjihadreport.com)
- Shocking Facts on Female Genital Mutilation (counterjihadreport.com)