Image text: “To Mustafa and the Council on American Islamic Relations, the moderate Muslim is our most effective weapon—Michael McCaul, TX-10.”
BY CounterJihad · @CounterjihadUS | July 5, 2016
Frank Gaffney, President of the Center for Security Policy and a former Reagan administration official, was named by the Cruz campaign as a national security adviser. Gaffney has made no secret of his criticisms of the Federal government’s failure to speak plainly about the sharia law roots of the threat of jihad. Many American officials, like Representative Michael McCaul, have chosen to work with Muslim Brotherhood front organizations instead of treating sharia and jihad themselves as the source of terrorism.
Today, Gaffney provided CounterJihad with a copy of his alternative plan. It contrasts the government’s “Countering Violent Extremism” (CVE) approach with his “Victory over Jihad” (VOJ) plan.
It follows below.
Tenets of CVE vs Fact-Based VOJ
Key Premises of CVE
- Violence is the problem. We must focus on it, alone.
- Islam has nothing to do with “violent extremism.”
- Islam is a religion of peace; those who engage in violence in its name are seeking to “pervert” or “hijack” a great Abrahamic faith.
- Muslims are peaceful and tolerant.
- Jihad is about personal struggle; it has nothing to do with “violent extremism.”
- Mosques are places of worship only and must not be subjected to surveillance.
- Muslims are routinely victims of “Islamophobia” – irrational fear animated by “haters’” racism, bigotry.
- Muslim Brotherhood and other Sharia-supremacist “community leaders” can be relied upon for guidance about the threat and outreach.
- Offense must not be given to Muslims by basing policing policies on – or even using such terms as – jihad, Sharia, Islamism or Islamic supremacism.
- Right-wing “violent extremists” are more dangerous than Islamic supremacists.
Fact-based VOJ Premises
- Sharia is the problem. Those who seek its imposition through stealthy, pre-violent techniques are also enemies, not just “violent” jihadists.
- Sharia is an inherently violent, totalitarian doctrine derived from the Koran and other sacred Islamic texts.
- The authorities of Islam declare Sharia to be the true faith. They regard non-adherent Muslims as perverters of Islam and apostates, deserving death.
- Many Muslims reject Sharia. But hundreds of millions adhere to Sharia and, thus, to its intolerance and jihad.
- The sacred texts of Islam and authoritative renderings of Sharia make clear that jihad is “holy war” against infidels.
- Supremacist mosques are multipurpose facilities, used for worship and recruiting and equipping jihadists.
- It is not irrational to fear terrifying jihadism. Sharia is intolerant, hateful and requires infidels’ submission.
- The Muslim Brotherhood seeks to “destroy Western civilization from within.” It and other Sharia-supremacist groups are enemies, not an ally.
- Insistence on not offending Muslims restricts free expression and clear understanding, deterring people who “see something” from saying anything.
- We face a global jihad movement that has no counterpart among returning veterans, Tea Party activists, etc.
Victory Over Jihad (VOJ) Program Mission Statement
The mission of the Victory Over Jihad Program is to resist and defeat the global jihad movement that seeks to replace our Constitution with the totalitarian, Islamic supremacist doctrine known as Sharia.
Jihadists use both violent and pre-violent techniques (including subversion, influence operations, infiltration, propaganda, lawfare, migration, material support for terrorism, etc.) against all pillars of American civilization (in particular, our political system, military/intelligence/law enforcement communities, media, clergy, economy, education system, courts, etc.) NATO defines subversion as “an action designed to weaken the military, economic or political strength of a nation by undermining the morale, loyalty or reliability of its citizens.”
The jihad must be effectively and decisively countered, rolled back, dismantled and ultimately defeated through the sustained use of a comprehensive, fact-based approach involving all instruments of national power at the federal, state and local levels and, wherever possible, the help of like-minded allies.
 NATO Glossary of Terms and Definitions, AAP-06 Edition 2012 Version 2
ADOPT A WINNING APPROACH: ‘VICTORY OVER JIHAD’
The “Countering Violent Extremism” (CVE) initiative has been, from its inception in the United Kingdom to its implementation here under President Obama, an initiative of hostile Islamic influence operators. Their object has been to obscure: the nature of the enemy we face (i.e., Islamists who engage in either the violent type of jihad or the stealthy sort of subversion honed by the international Muslim Brotherhood); what impels them(i.e., the Islamists’ totalitarian ideology known as Sharia); and the sorts of measures that would most effectively defeat their agenda (i.e., time-tested, fact-based policing, intelligence and counter-intelligence techniques).
Tragically, under the influence of known Sharia-supremacist groups in America (e.g., Muslim Brotherhood/Hamas fronts like CAIR, ISNA and MPAC), the federal government’s CVE apparatus has given priority to avoiding any offense to Islamists, rather than preventing their jihad. Federal agents, analysts and state/local police are being trained to remain ignorant of what motivates and enables the global jihadist movement. They are told that “right-wing” extremism is a greater danger than that posed by Sharia and jihad (terms whose use CVE actually forbids). This practice virtually ensures more Fort Hoods, San Bernardinos and Orlandos as our first lines of defense are effectively precluded from being proactive in the face of knowable threats.
Since Countering Violent Extremism is designed to fail us, it cannot be redirected or redefined, (for example by changing the name to “countering radical Islamist terrorism”). It must be abandoned, dismantled and reversed. U.S. taxpayer resources must go to protecting America, not protecting the Sharia-supremacists in our midst.
‘Victory Over Jihad’
Congress must not endorse, legitimate, institutionalize or otherwise enable CVE as practiced by the Obama administration or under any other name. The goal of any new congressional initiative must be, instead securing “Victory Over Jihad” (VOJ). Those whose adherence to Sharia obliges them to strive to replace our Constitution with their totalitarian, supremacist doctrine are enemies, not “partners” just because they use pre-violent techniques for advancing this goal (notably, subversive influence operations, lawfare, infiltration, migration, material support for terrorism, etc.), rather than violent ones.
New bureaucracies and funding must not go to institutionalizing and enabling a failed approach. “Community partnering” must be with anti-jihadist Muslims, not Islamic supremacists.
Victory Over Jihad will require the sustained pursuit of a comprehensive, fact-based approach involving all instruments of national power at the federal, state and local levels and, wherever possible, the help of like-minded allies.
We simply cannot afford to perpetuate what is, at best, official willful blindness and at worst, our first defenders’ unilateral disarmament. There is no acceptable substitute for Victory Over Jihad.