The Markets Work, by Jeff Carlson, June 20, 2018:
Day Two of the Inspector General’s Testimony proved far more crucial than Day One. Many new details were revealed.
The following are testimony highlights (tweet source links below):
- IG Michael Horowitz has confirmed, under oath, that he is reviewing if FBI Agent Peter Strzok’s anti-Trump bias impacted the launch of the Russia probe.
- Horowitz noted significant political bias “Almost everything we found was…anti-Trump”
- FBI Agents were taking bribes from Reporters. “Over 50+ agents with 300+ interactions. We wanted to make this public.”
- Horowitz noted the FBI was refusing to allow Anti-Trump Agents to be named, citing their employ by Counterintelligence. Horowitz later showed this to be false.
- Obama’s email contacts with Clinton’s Server was noted.
- Hillary Clinton was Not formally under FBI Investigation at any time in 2015-2016.
- FBI never named a target or even subject in Clinton probe.
- Horowitz noted that Bias may have influenced outcome of Clinton Investigation. “It could have and we don’t rule it out.”
- Horowitz testified that the two unidentified biased FBI investigators assigned to the Mueller investigation have been removed. At least one of them was removed due to anti-Trump text messages.
- Horowitz confirmed that an original draft of his 568-pp report was subsequently redlined by DOJ/FBI higher-ups.
- Horowitz stated he’s no longer convinced the FBI was collecting all of Strzok’s and Page’s text messages. Many texts may be missing. An investigation into this is ongoing.
- FBI Director Wray would neither confirm nor deny that AG Sessions has asked him to reopen some aspect of the Clinton email case.
- Horowitz noted that one of the unidentified pro-Clinton FBI investigators referred for discipline was one of the agents who interviewed Hillary Clinton on July 2, 2016, along with Strzok. This could be Joe Pientka.
- Mark Meadows noted possible editing of 302 summary reports. See Video towards bottom.
- Horowitz confirmed that he is investigating allegations that FBI officials “edited” 302 summary reports of interviews with witnesses and suspects in the 2016-2017 investigations. This could include 302s involving Michael Flynn.
- Meadows outed two of the unidentified anti-Trump, pro-Hillary FBI investigators referred for punishment by Horowitz. Both work for the general counsel of FBI, not in counterintelligence as the FBI claimed – as an excuse to w/hold their names. They are Sally Moyer and Kevin Clinesmith.
- Meadows noted that both FBI attorneys work/worked for Trisha Anderson, then Office of Legal Counsel, FBI – not Counterintelligence.
- Following the IG’s testimony it was reported that FBI Agent Strzok was escorted out of the FBI Building on Friday. See bottom.
Trey Gowdy led the questioning of IG Horowitz off for the second day. The following video contains Horowitz’s opening statement followed by Trey Gowdy’s questioning. A transcriptof Gowdy’s questioning is provided.
Gowdy begins at the 8:00 mark:
- Four Moments from Day One of the Inspector General’s Testimony
- HOROWITZ DROPS BOMBSHELL: Hillary Clinton Was Not Formally Under FBI Investigation at Any Time in 2015-2016
- Rosenstein Hid Damning Strzok Text Message “We’ll Stop” Trump From Becoming President From Congressional Investigators For a Month (VIDEO)