Why Are Terror Leader al-Awlaki’s Video Messages Still on YouTube?

awlaki-1Fox News Insider, December 5, 2016:

YouTube has the ability to remove videos seen as having the potential to recruit terrorists, says Fox News senior judicial analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano.

The judge joined Jenna Lee on Happening Now to discuss growing questions on why the videos of radical Islamic cleric Anwar al-Awlaki – leader of the al Qaeda affiliate in Yemen – have been allowed to remain on YouTube.

Investigators have linked the ideology of al-Awlaki, who was killed in Yemen five years ago, to at least 11 incidents since 2009, including the recent attack on the campus of Ohio State University.

According to a YouTube representative, “YouTube has clear policies in prohibiting terrorist recruitment and content intending to incite violence, and we quickly remove videos violating these policies when flagged by our users.” So why then are al-Awlaki’s videos allowed to remain on the platform, Lee asked.

“The short answer is his videos are still out there because like flag burning, they are protected speech,” Napolitano said. “Even though they are hateful, even though they advocate violence, even though they are profoundly un-American, they are protected speech…protected from the government…but not protected from YouTube, which is not the government.

“So the First Amendment says the government shall not interfere with free speech, but YouTube could take them down in a flash just because it doesn’t want this stuff being propagated on its platform.”

Napolitano said YouTube should make a “business judgment” on how to handle this content.

“If they think their their shareholders want a free and open platform where any political idea can be aired no matter how horrible, hateful or harmful it may be, they should keep it on there,” he said. “But if they want to cleanse the airwaves of this horror and terror producing stuff, they can take it down with impunity.”

La Blonde of YouTube

La BlondeBy :

As I reported in last night’s news feed, the new French Counterjihad celebrity, known everywhere only by her soubriquet “The Blonde”, was suppressed by YouTube: Google’s behemoth took all three of her videos down.

The first two videos, in which she simply discussed the necessity for preserving the French identity and resisting Islamization, had become very popular, and had hundreds of thousands of views. The third one only stayed up for a little while — by then all the usual suspects had presumably complained to YouTube, and all three were taken down.

YouTube has now taken off the gloves and showed its hand: a user who had scrupulously abided by its terms and conditions has had her work deleted for no reason other than the opinions she expressed in her videos.

Fortunately, all the videos had been mirrored or copied by various fans, including the subtitled versions Vlad Tepes had made. Since then the Blonde has made two more videos, and both of them have now been mirrored and subtitled.

All five videos have been embedded below, the first four above the fold. The fourth video is her first response to the censorship directed at her, and the fifth one is a satirical response in which she dresses in a turban and a false beard — don’t miss it.

Below the videos is Vlad’s analysis of what YouTube is doing, followed by the transcripts for all five videos.

Many thanks to Oz-Rita and Bear for the translations:

Video #1:

 

Video #2:

 

Video #3:

 

Video #4:

 

Video #5:

 

Go to Gates of Vienna to read Vlad’s essay analyzing the suppressive process employed by YouTube followed by transcripts of all the videos.

 

 

RED ALERT: Al-Jazeera and YouTube videos show how to make Roadside Bombs and Rockets in your own Garage

You_Tube_1Walid Shoebat:

Thanks to YouTube, the groundwork is being laid right here in America that could make exploding pressure cookers look like firecrackers; Al-Jazeera and YouTube are both complicit. As unbelievable as it sounds, Al-Jazeera T.V. (yes, the same Al-Jazeera that purchased Al Gore’s Current TV) – in collaboration with the Free Syrian Army – aired an exclusive training session (disguised as a news report) on how to make an improvised explosive device (IED) for its viewing audience, the same type used extensively against U.S.-led Coalition forces, which were responsible for approximately 63% of coalition deaths in Iraq.

This is not just any old IED; it is the massive type that can bring down large buildings and cause high death tolls. Terrorists, being the rabid nihilists that they are, were curious about how to make a highly explosive version from basic materials, so Al-Jazeera T.V. featured some real experts from the Free Syrian Army who brought an unexploded device to a remote location and gave eager would-be terrorists a tutorial.

Now it’s on YouTube and Arabic-speaking terrorists all across the United States can watch it.

Instead of posting the actual video, which is still available on YouTube, we’ve translated a portion of it and muted the instructional parts in Arabic:

Before we get to YouTube’s irresponsible decision to leave countless unedited versions – like the one above – posted on its website, despite our attempts to flag them to no avail, consider who aired the entire aforementioned instructional lesson in Arabic – to ARABIC Audiences! That would be Al-Jazeera – the same Al-Jazeera that Al Gore sold Current TV to after Current TV allegedly told Glenn Beck the following after the talk show host expressed interest in purchasing Al Gore’s network:

“…the legacy of who the network goes to is important to us and we are sensitive to networks not aligned with our point of view,”

Glenn Beck himself, quoted the call he received back from Current TV:

“Yeah, umm‑umm, no, not even interested. We ‑‑ our legacy is too important and there would quite frankly be too many people, too many friends that the vice president would have to explain why he’s selling to Glenn Beck.”

Got it? Al Gore was more concerned about having to answer questions about why he sold to Glenn Beck than he was about having to answer questions like the ones posed to him in Austin, TX this past March.

Read more at Shoebat.com

U. K. House of Commons questions YouTube over keeping terrorism-promoting videos active

The Al-Zawahiri video posted April 6, 2013.

The Al-Zawahiri video posted April 6, 2013.

Of 125 Videos Of Al-Qaeda Commander Al-Zawahiri Flagged On YouTube By MEMRI, YouTube Keeps 57 Active

MEMRI:

Jihadi Videos On YouTube

Over the past three years, and based on research by the MEMRI Jihad and Terrorism Threat Monitor (JTTM) project, we have determined that YouTube has emerged as the leading website for online jihad. It has replaced – and surpassed – websites administered by jihadis themselves, which were previously the leaders in online jihadi efforts. During this time, we have offered our assistance to YouTube in identifying videos that incite violence and terrorist acts for possible removal.

The most recent example of this is a video of Al-Qaeda leader Ayman Al-Zawahiri, released on multiple YouTube pages on April 6, 2013, and also released simultaneously on jihadi websites. In the video, Al-Zawahiri calls upon viewers to “exert every effort to make [Syria] a jihad-fighting Islamic state” that will be a step towards “restoring the rightly-guided caliphate.” Addressing the Muslims in these countries, he urged them to support the mujahideen, and expressed his particular hope that the French forces in Mali would face the same difficulties as the U.S. faced in Iraq and Afghanistan. The video, as posted by user “arslan ifriki,” had almost 17,000 views on the first day; viewers were also given links to other users’ postings of the same video.

As documented by previous MEMRI reports, MEMRI met with Google Inc. and YouTube representatives to discuss the issue of jihadi videos. YouTube then committed to introducing a flagging system whereby users could flag videos to alert YouTube that they included content that “promotes terrorism.” Following the introduction of this systemMEMRI flagged jihadi YouTube videos of Osama bin Laden and 9/11-glorification videos, as well as videos by and of the late Yemeni-American Sheikh Anwar Al-Awlaki, the influential jihadi cleric and Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) leader. Of the former, 58 of 100 remained active even after MEMRI’s flagging; of the latter, 111 out of 127 remained active.

Not only has MEMRI identified YouTube as one of the main jihadi vehicles, but this subject is of great concern to counterterrorism experts worldwide. In the U.K., jihadi and terrorist videos on YouTube is so great a problem that it was the focus of a recent inquiry by the House of Commons Home Affairs Committee.

Read more at MEMRI