The 10 News Investigators recently obtained an internal memo that security experts of the U.S. Airline Pilots Association and Federal Air Marshals believe details a terrorist “dry-run” that happened just six weeks ago on a flight from Reagan National Airport to Orlando International Airport.
Following our story, there has been a Congressional call for an investigation.
Orlando Congressman John Mica says information of this nature must be properly investigated and federal authorities must review the matter.
The Transportation Security Administration also issued a statement, saying the agency “takes all reports of suspicious activity on board aircraft seriously.” The statement also added that with assistance from law enforcement, “the matter required no further investigation at this time.”
Experts say the incident could be an indication of another attempt to blow up an airplane in mid-air, and if that occurs on a flight with a federal air marshal aboard, there most likely will be gunfire in the airplane.
A Federal Air Marshal explained why that would be the case. 10 News is concealing his identity because he is not authorized to talk to the media.
“If the bad guys are there and they do what they’re going to do, our job is to kill them,” he said.
The marshal also said if he doesn’t kill a bad guy trying to take over an airplane, he would be dead.
As a training video we obtained shows, Federal Air Marshals are trained that the terrorists’ first order of business is to identify and kill the marshals aboard a flight.
That’s why there is so much concern about the incident last month on US Airways flight 1880.
According to the memo from the U.S. Airways Pilot Union Security, several “middle eastern men” caused a commotion and appeared to be doing a dry run to test procedure and reaction to an in-flight threat.
“They are trying to pull out air marshals if they are on board, or law enforcement if they are on board. They are looking for how the crew reacts,” the air marshal explained.
- Internal memo reportedly details ‘dry run’ by terrorists aboard US flight last month (foxnews.com)
- Internal Memo Reveals ‘Dry Run’ by Terrorists on U.S. Flight (freebeacon.com)
- Memo details terrorist’s ‘dry run’ aboard flight last month (americanthinker.com)
- Sources: Terrorists Making Practice Runs on US Flights (breitbart.com)
- Warning about numerous terrorist “dry-runs” on airplanes (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Read the Terrifying Internal Memo That Warns Terrorists May Be Doing ‘Dry-Runs’ to Prepare for Next 9/11-Style Attack (theblaze.com)