~ Must Watch Video Below ~
“I don’t recall” – In a world where journalists were in-tune with events and stories, and in a world where journalists were driven to tell the truth behind events, those three words from Speaker of the House John Boehner would have caused every DC reporter to grab their steno pads and head immediately to his offices.
Alas, few people beyond the inhabitants of the “new media world” (internet) have an understanding of how consequential those three intentionally obtuse words actually are.
“I don’t recall”…
Those words are massive when contrast against a March 2011 President Obama finding memo which authorized a covert State Dept./CIA operation in Libya. That operation ultimately culminated 18 months later in the Benghazi attack, Sept. 11th 2012.
Speaker of the House John Boehner is, as a consequence of his position, a member of what’s called the “Intelligence Gang of Eight”. The finding memo would begin a process where then CIA head, Leon Panetta, would have briefed the “Gang of Eight” because specific congressional leadership would have the automatic position of oversight for the operation.
Key word “OVERSIGHT” !
In 2011 the Congressional Gang of Eight was:
♦ Speaker – John Boehner, ♦ Minority Leader – Nancy Pelosi; ♦ House Permanent Select Committee on Intel Chairman – Mike Rogers, and his Democrat counterpart ♦ Charles Ruppersberger; Senate Minority Leader ♦Mitch McConnell, and Senate Majority ♦ Leader Harry Reid; along with Senate Intel Chair ♦ Diane Feinstein and her Republican counterpart, ♦ Saxby Chambliss.
Look at those names closely. Note how all of the congressional leadership is consequentially attached to the Libyan operation spearheaded by Hillary Clinton (State Dept.) and Leon Panetta (CIA) later known as “Operation Zero Footprint”.
Now watch the video of Speaker today as he is blindsided by Brett Baier’s question which seemed to come out of left field. (Video prompted to 09:35):
Does it look like Boehner is being truthful? Of course not.
Boehner is quickly considering what he can and what he cannot say given the nature of the secrecy behind the information. In addition, Boehner is evaluating his own risk and that of three years of avoidance, deflection and denial.
The report Boehner is referencing, and ultimately hiding behind, by Mike Rogers and Charles Ruppersberger, is proof of what we outlined when that report was published.
Because this is so fundamentally critical here is that Rogers/Ruppersberger outline again in full (originally presented in 2014):
Those of you familiar with the Benghazi Brief will note the alignment and expectation of the Rogers/Ruppersberger report. Their report is exactly as we anticipated it would be.
With a House Select Committee (Trey Gowdy) already in place, you might rightly ask yourself why did Mike Rogers and Dutch Ruppersberger even produce a report? As you read their House Intelligence Panel Report on Benghazi it is important to note a few key aspects:
• Both Mike Rogers and Dutch Ruppersberger are members of the Congressional Gang of Eight. They are the ONLY authors.
• This is not a House Intelligence “Committee” report on Benghazi. This is only two committee members writing a report based on prior information.
• Both Rogers and Ruppersberger would have been briefed on the CIA operations in Benghazi during 2011/2012 as the covert operation began.
• President Obama signed a finding memo in 2011 permitting Operation Zero Footprint to begin. The congressional “gang of eight” held oversight responsibilities.
• Rogers, Ruppersberger along with Nancy Pelosi, John Boehner, Harry Reid, Mitch McConnell, Saxby Chambliss and Diane Feinstein would have been notified of the presidential authorization. In 2011 they were the congressional Gang of Eight. Their lack of oversight reflected a willful blindness to the operation.
• In addition to the covert Zero Footprint Operation, the Benghazi CIA annex served as a rendition site. [We find this out in 2013 from Paula Broadwell, who was the pillow-talk recipient of information from 2012 CIA Director General David Petraeus. Broadwell and Petraeus had an extramarital affair.]
The Rogers/Ruppersberger Report is specifically designed, by wording, to provide political cover to both parties – Republicans and Democrats within the Gang of Eight particularly included, and protected.
- Clinton State Department approved U.S. weapons shipment to Libya despite ban (washingtontimes.com)