Soros instigating pre-election ‘surge’ at border

The surge in family apprehensions at the U.S.-Mexico border in 2016 is driven by migrants from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, who together make up 90 percent of these apprehensions so far this fiscal year. The number of family apprehensions from these Central American countries more than doubled in the first six months of fiscal 2016 over the same time period in 2015 and spiked further in August.

The surge in family apprehensions at the U.S.-Mexico border in 2016 is driven by migrants from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, who together make up 90 percent of these apprehensions so far this fiscal year. The number of family apprehensions from these Central American countries more than doubled in the first six months of fiscal 2016 over the same time period in 2015 and spiked further in August.

WND, by Leo Hohmann, Sept. 15, 2016:

Illegal border crossings by Central American children and families are surging again, approaching the record levels set in the summer of 2014, according to the latest data released for August. And border watchdogs say it’s all about Donald Trump and the upcoming election.

If the surge continues into September, fiscal 2016 will end on par with 2014, when President Obama was forced to address what was widely referred to as a “humanitarian crisis.”

August figures released this week by U.S. Customs and Border Protection show that more than 37,000 people were apprehended trying to illegally cross the southern border.

That’s nearly 6,000 more than in August 2014 and brings the total to 369,411 with one month still to go in the current fiscal year.

Customs and Border Patrol processed a record 479,000 illegal crossers in 2014, but 2015 saw the number drop to 331,000 as Obama’s DHS claimed it had implemented some upgraded enforcement measures having to do with “priorities.”

Source: U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Source: U.S. Customs and Border Protection

“These priorities more sharply focus our limited enforcement resources on public safety and border security,” the DHS claims in a statement on its website.

Now with the huge spike in illegal crossings this summer, the final tally for fiscal 2016 is expected to reach 400,000, exposing Obama’s upgraded measures as a fraud, according to border hawks.

A border patrol agent from the El Centro sector in California who asked not to be identified told WND he believes the numbers are up because of the pending presidential election. The fact that Republican Donald Trump continues to close the gap with Democrat Hillary Clinton, actually pulling ahead of her in some polls, is a huge factor driving the surge, he said.

“This is just speculation on my part, but I’m sure we’re getting a rush before the election, because if Trump wins they’re going to put an end to this [catch-and-release] policy,” the agent told WND.

He said the majority of border agents are hoping for a Trump win. Their union, the National Border Patrol Council, has endorsed Trump.

“I’m not saying he’s going to stick exactly to his positions because I don’t believe that for any politician. But I do feel he’ll make a change for the better,” the agent said.

George Soros’ involvement in historic migrations

William Gheen, president and founder of Americans for Legal Immigration, or ALIPAC, agrees with the agent’s assessment on the main reason for the surge. He says there are “big money interests” fueling the surge, with the likes of billionaire George Soros greasing the skids.

“The greatest wave of illegal immigration in America’s history is now inbound. We’ve been warning our supporters about this since January because Obama has sent the green light around the world that America’s border defenses have been compromised by his office,” Gheen said. “And word of that has reached every corner of the earth, where it is estimated some 1 billion people could come to the U.S. if we continue to allow them to do so.”

Gheen said the illegals are “being told to come” by a network of pro-immigrant advocacy groups funded by Soros and other wealthy progressives.

“They’re being told to come by Soros-backed groups and politicians,” he said.

And he’s not alone in that belief.

Read more

Also see:

Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner at CAIR Tampa

by Joe Kaufman:

Those who attend CAIR’s fundraising banquet in Tampa tomorrow should understand that they are bringing money to an organization that employs radicals – a group that raises many “red flags” if not black flags.

Tomorrow, November 10, the Tampa chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) will be sponsoring its Mid-Florida Region’s 8th Annual Banquet at a hotel on the campus of the University of South Florida (USF) — a fundraising event featuring a number of questionable individuals, from its speakers to its attendees to its organizers.

One of the advertised speakers at the banquet is Siraj Wahhaj, named an “unindicted co-conspirator” for a federal trial dealing with the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center. Other named co-conspirators for the trial were, among others, Osama bin Laden and bin Laden’s mentor, Abdullah Azzam.

Wahhaj has been linked to the bomb maker of the attack, Clement Rodney Hampton-El, and during the trial, was a character witness for the spiritual leader of the bombing, “the Blind Sheikh” Omar Abdel Rahman, whom Wahhaj has openly praised.

According to the Facebook page for CAIR-Tampa’s banquet, also attending the event will be Yahia Megahed. In October 2007, Megahed was accused by U.S. prosecutors of signing and using coded language to communicate with his brother, Youssef, who at the time was in prison and charged with illegally transporting explosive materials.

Yahia’s own Facebook page contains a photo of himself brandishing a rifle, while prosecutors argued against his brother’s release due to what was called his brother’s “growing interest in firearms.”

Hassan Shibly, the Executive Director of CAIR-Tampa since June 2011, had, before that, been the subject of a number of controversies.

In December 2004, while heading back from a radical Muslim conference in Toronto, Shibly was detained by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents, “singled out,” as one publication put it, “as a possible terrorist.” According to court documents, the CBP “received intelligence that gave them reason to believe that persons with known terrorist ties would be attending certain Islamic conferences to be held during the year-end holiday season of 2004, including the Reviving the Islamic Spirit Conference at the Skydome in Toronto, Canada.”

Read more at Gatestone Institute

IPT Exclusive: State Department Barred Inspection of Muslim Brotherhood Delegation

by Steven Emerson
IPT News
April 9, 2012

The State Department broke with normal procedures last week when it ordered the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) not to conduct a secondary inspection on members of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood’s Freedom and Justice Party (FJP) on their way to visit government officials and think tanks in the United States.

This happened despite the fact that one member of the delegation had been implicated – though not charged – in a U.S. child pornography investigation, the Investigative Project on Terrorism (IPT) has learned.

Abdul Mawgoud Dardery

According to senior enforcement sources and documents reviewed by the IPT, investigators had information tying Abdul Mawgoud Dardery to the pornography investigation that was based in Pennsylvania. He was the senior member in the four-person FJP delegation which held court with academic groups and met with senior officials at the White House and State Department last week. (For more on what they said, click here.)

The FJP recently won a plurality of seats in recent elections to determine makeup of the next Egyptian Parliament.

Before returning to Egypt, Dardery lived in the United States long enough to attain legal permanent residency, known as a green card. That status lapsed after he left the country for more than six months. The child pornography investigation took place during Dardery’s time here and was noted in his immigration file. It surfaced when CBP officials learned of his pending visit.

A U.S. official familiar with immigration procedures told the IPT that extra inspection is standard operating procedure when a foreign visitor has been tied to criminal or terrorist activities. “Secondary inspections” involve going through the visitor’s baggage and viewing the contents of computers and other electronic devices to search for evidence of illicit activity. Agents would typically search other members of the party to ensure Dardery did not hand off his computer equipment to an associate to avoid detection.

Read more…